Thank you for choosing Columbia Residential as your University home! We look forward to having you as part of the community. Please review the information below for more information about signing your housing agreement and preparing for your move. With any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Incoming residents schedule a move in appointment at the time they accept their housing offer.
Move-ins and key pickups must be scheduled Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., excluding holidays. Weekday moves and key pickups must be completed by 4 p.m.
Incoming residents MUST arrive and complete the move-in by 4 p.m. Please take this into consideration when arranging your travel, and account for sufficient time for customs, baggage retrieval and local travel to campus.
Move-ins on weekends, outside of the moving hours indicated above, or on University designated holidays unfortunately cannot be accommodated; moves completed outside of moving hours will be subject to a minimum $250 fee.
Incoming residents who do not arrive by 4 p.m. will not be able to move in on that day and will have to find alternative accommodations until the next business day. A list of short-term and temporary housing options can be found on the Work/Life site, and additional resources are available on the Off-Campus Housing Assistance site.
Appointment changes must be requested at least 15 days prior to scheduled move-in date. Agreement start/appointment date changes cannot be accommodated once the housing agreement is signed.
The housing agreement is sent to incoming residents 10 days prior to move-in. The agreement is sent through DocuSign to the email address on file in the Housing Portal.
- Once the housing agreement is signed by the incoming resident, changes cannot be made to the agreement and billing start date.
- Housing agreements must be signed within 48 hours of receipt.
- If unable to access the document for any reason, please contact us prior to the move in date.
- Once the agreement is processed by Columbia Residential, typically within 48 hours of completion, a copy of the executed agreement will be sent to the resident's email address.
Move in instructions will be emailed 48 hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
Lionsgate Move Ins Only: Lionsgate (520 West 112th Street) residents must follow procedures outlined in the Lionsgate Move In/Move Out Guidelines.
Residents may borrow moving bins (aka blue bins) from the Columbia Residential office during regular office hours (Monday-Friday 9 AM - 4:30 PM) by following Moving Bin Rental guidelines.
Additional Guidelines Regarding COVID-19
New residents are expected to follow all city, state and CDC-recommended guidelines while living in Columbia housing. All Columbia community members -- staff, faculty and students -- will be required to review and sign the Columbia Community Health Compact prior to arriving on campus. Community members and all visitors must agree to follow the University's Enhanced Health & Safety Policy, and those who do not will be asked to leave campus facilities.
Everyone on Columbia’s campuses must:
- Wear a face covering over one’s nose and mouth at all times, except when alone in a private office or in an enclosed room with the door closed.
- Keep at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) distance between oneself and other people whenever possible.
- Follow signage and guidance on use of campus spaces.
- Stay home if not feeling well.
- Follow workplace and shared-space hygiene (wipe workplace surfaces used frequently, including desk surfaces, keyboards, light switches, and shared equipment such as copiers, printers, A/V, etc.) with disinfectant sprays or wipes that the University will provide. Columbia staff will do frequent specialized cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout campus.
For more information about the University's response to COVID-19, please review the COVID-19 Resource Guide for the Columbia Community.
Residents will receive move in instructions by email 48 hours prior to the appointment. Please follow the instructions in that email and meet building staff to pick up the keys and move in. Note that residents will need to show ID to building staff to pick up the keys.