Residents of 560 Riverside Drive may reserve the Resident Entertainment Center (REC) by submitting this request form and agreeing to the terms of rental, outlined below.
The cost to rent the REC is $100 for 4 hours. The REC is open and available for rental during the hours of 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Residents who wish to rent the REC must pay in advance to reserve the space. The charge can either be added to your rent bill or can be paid by US Check or money order. Checks and money orders may be made payable to Columbia University. If payment is not received by the event date, the charge will be applied to your rent bill. Payments not received by the event date are not guaranteed to be held.
Maximum capacity for the REC is 30 people.
In the event of a cancellation, please notify us at [email protected] at least two (2) days prior to your event to be refunded. Late cancellations will not be refunded. If for any reason you must cancel your reservation and you have already been charged, we will honor that credit towards future reservations.
RESERVING RESIDENT RESPONSIBILITIES
EVENT SPACE & HOURS: In order to keep the disturbance to apartments on the floor to a minimum, we respectfully request that all REC events are kept within the hours of 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Please keep your event confined to the REC and do not allow event guests to spill out into the hallway, lobby, or other areas of the building.
RESERVING RESIDENT MUST BE PRESENT: The resident who reserved the room must be present at the event and must be over 21 years of age.
GUESTS: Reserving Resident is responsible for the space and their guests during their rental time. In making this reservation, the Reserving Resident automatically assumes responsibility for activities and actions of their guests during the event. Any damages incurred are the responsibility of the Reserving Resident.
ATTENDEE LIST: You must leave a list of attendees with the Door Attendant prior to the start of your event, so that guests are properly logged in and out of the building.
CHILDREN: Children must be supervised by an adult at all times. No ball playing. No running or rough play.
NOISE: Please keep the REC doors closed and sound levels reasonable as there are nearby apartments.
DECORATIONS: Signs, balloons, and/or decorations must be kept to the confines of the rented rooms. NO confetti is allowed. Use of tacks, duct tape, glue, nails, or similar are prohibited. Painter’s tape is recommended instead of scotch tape to prevent paint from peeling. All tape and decorations must be removed at the end of the event.
GAME ROOM EQUIPMENT: Any borrowed equipment for the game room must be returned to the Door Attendant. Please leave games in their original location when you are finished.
FURNITURE: All furniture must remain in the REC.
TELEVISION: Remote control must be returned to the Door Attendant. Turn off TV to conserve electricity.
REC KEY: Please be sure to lock all doors and return the REC key to the Door Attendant at the conclusion of your event.
DELIVERIES: 560 RSD Staff cannot accept deliveries for events and will not sign for any deliveries.
SMOKING: Smoking is prohibited in the REC and throughout the public areas of the building.
CLEANING: Cleanup after the event is required or a fee will be incurred.
- Remove all personal items at the end of the event.
- Remove all food from refrigerator and kitchen area and wipe down surfaces.
- Tape and decorations from all surfaces must be removed.
- Trash and Recycling bags must be removed and brought to the refuse room in the hallway.
- Please return all furniture, games, and toys to their original locations.
FEES: Charges that may be applied to your rent bill for damages. Subject to change.
- Failure to take trash to refuse room: $25.00
- Failure to remove decorations and tape: $25.00
- Failure to clean the room: $50.00
- Lost Game Room Paddles/Strikers: $10.00/per piece
- Lost/Damaged Game Room Pucks: $5.00/per piece
- Lost/Damaged TV Remote: $50.00
- Lost REC Key: $100.00
- Other Damages/Missing Items: If any items are missing or other damages are incurred, including damages to the TV, security cameras, plants, or furniture, Reserving Resident may be charged at the cost of repair or replacement.
USE OF THIS SPACE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK:
- Columbia University and 560 Riverside Drive are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Columbia University and 560 Riverside Drive are not responsible for any injuries, accidents, or other incidents in the REC.
560 RSD STAFF DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vacuum all carpeted areas.
- Mop all hard surface floors including kitchen and bathroom.
- Clean kitchen including refrigerators, microwave, sink and countertops.
- Clean and sanitize bathroom.